The Ogham Leather Hip Flask
- Unit Price
Ogham writing runs across this upcycled leather flask. Ogham, also often named the 'Celtic tree alphabet', is an early medieval 'tree' alphabet used predominantly in Early and Old Irish.
- Available in 3, 6 and 8 oz sizes - perfect for travelling
- Luxurious British Leather
- Personalised at no extra cost
- Gift Box, Funnel and Care Instructions included
- Engraved and clad by hand in Yorkshire
- Ages beautifully and is easily restored
Ogham distinctively has 20 characters (later increased to 25), each consisting of one or more strokes for consonants and of notches for vowels cut across or upon a central line on a stone or piece of wood and in some cases, manuscripts. It was common for stones to be carved vertically and for manuscripts to be written horizontally.
Please note, the English alphabet letters which aren't available/represented in the ogham alphabet are as follows : - J, K, V, W, X, Y. It may be wise to translate a name, word or your engraving preference to Old Irish text, before translating to Ogham - if you need help with this, please get in touch.
How long until dispatch?
This item belongs to our swift dispatch guarantee, outlined at the bottom of the page.